Terms and Conditions
1. The renter shall be responsible for the rented car from the time it leaves Car Rental in Iceland - Pure Adventures office until Car Rental in Iceland - Pure Adventures registers the car as returned in its system.
2. The renter shall return the car in the following manner:
• With all accessories (including tires, tools, documents and other items) in the condition they were in when received, with the exception of normal wear due to normal use. Missing or damaged accessories will be charged at reacquisition cost to the credit card which the renter provided at the beginning of the rental.
• On the date and at the hour specified by this agreement, or sooner if Orange demands it. Any time changes must be done and agreed to in writing.
• To a Car Rental in Iceland - Pure Adventures premises, unless otherwise agreed in writing. Failing to return the car directly to a Orange venue is subject to a drop-off charge as per Orange current price list. The drop-off charge will be charged from the credit card which the renter provided at the beginning of the rental.
• With a full tank of fuel. Should the renter fail to return the car with a full tank of correct fuel, missing fuel will be charged to the credit card which the renter provided at the beginning of the rental. We will charge comparable current local retail pump price and refuelling service fee 35€.
Or pay in advance for a full tank of fuel and bring the car back empty. Our rates for this fuel service option are cheaper then the current local retail pump price.
• Sufficiently clean, i.e. not excessively dirty. The renter should remove all garbage from the car’s interior. The interior should be dirt free. The exterior should not be excessively dirty, i.e. not covered in mud, tar or dirt. A car returned excessively dirty is subject to a clean-up fee according to the Orange current price list. The clean-up fee will be charged from the credit card which the renter provided at the beginning of the rental.
3.If the renter does not return the car at the agreed return time stated in the rental agreement, or does not declare his intention to extend the lease, Orange or the police are authorised to repossess the vehicle without further notice and at the renter’s cost. Extending the lease is subject to the consent of Car Rental in Iceland - Pure Adventures. Car Rental in Iceland - Pure Adventures is authorised to demand up to 24-hours rental fee under the terms of the agreement if the renter returns the vehicle 1 hour after the lease has expired or later. Any such charge may be charged from the credit card which the renter provided at the beginning of the rental.
• The vehicle shall be handled and driven responsibly. Only registered renter or driver(s) as per the agreement’s, are authorised to drive the car. All insurance policies are cancelled if the car is driven by a an unregistered driver. The renter is then in full, liable for any damages, both to the car and damages resulting from the use of the car. The cost of damages occurring under aforementioned circumstances may be charged from the credit card which the renter provided at the beginning of the rental.
• The renter is objectively liable for damages resulting from the use of the car for which no compensation will be paid by the car insurance. This includes damages to the car and/or injury to passengers on account of:
• Driving where prohibited by law, i.e. off beaten tracks or marked roads, in unmarked paths or tracks, on beaches or other sandy areas, or any other trackless areas.
• Driving in or across rivers or any kind of water course. Intentional acts or gross negligence.
4. Liability and driver insurance are according to Icelandic law. Third party liability insurance shall be equivalent to the amount stipulated by the car's insurance company at each time. The renters own liability for damages on the car is limited to the worth of the car. The renter can limit his liability by purchasing a collision damage waiver (CDW) for a fixed amount which is determined each time by the lessor.
The collision damage waiver (CDW) does not cover:
•a Damages done on purpose or by total carelessness of the driver.
•b Damages caused when the driver is intoxicated, under the influence of drugs, or by any other cause which renders him unfit to safely drive a vehicle.
•c Damages to the engine caused by water, such as when crossing un-bridged rivers or driving in water.
•d Damages which occur while the car is being raced or test-driven.
•e Damages caused through war activity, mutiny, riots, and uproar or by sabotage.
•f Burns on interior for example seats, carpet, dashboard.
•g Damages to wheels, tires, springs, batteries, glass (lights & windows), and radio as well as damages caused by theft of certain parts of the vehicle.
•h Damages caused by driving on bumpy roads on parts such as:
transmission, drive shafts, or other parts in or on the vehicle's under wagon. Damages which occur on the under wagon when the vehicle hits the uneven road, such as ridges left by road planers, or rocks stuck in the road or the roadside. Same applies to damages which occur when loose rocks or other items hit the vehicle while it is being driven.
•i Damages caused when the vehicle is driven where driving is forbidden, also by driving off-road, on trails not marked on charts as normal roads, on snow piles, on ice, over un-bridged rivers or streams, on beaches, in dirt or on any other kind of off-roads.
•j Damages when sand, gravel, ash, lava or other earth materials are blown on the vehicle.
•k Should the vehicle be moved by sea, damages caused to it by the ocean water.
•l Damages caused by the wind blowing up the door while opening it.
•m Other cases are referred to the general conditions of the comprehensive vehicle insurance.
5. The renter agrees that any damages not covered by the insurance of the car may be charged from the credit card provided at the beginning of the rental.
6. SUPER CDW: CDW covers damages to the rental vehicle; it waives liability in case of any damages to the vehicle in excess of 2500€. But when you take Super CDW you change that to 500€. Super CDW is available for 15€,- per day. But no insurance covers damages to the underside of the car.
7. GP: Gravel Protection: Hood, Front Bumper, Front Fenders (0€Self risk)- 7€ pr.day.
self-risk for broken windshield is €98.
8. SAAP: Sand and Ash Protection (500€ Self risk) -15€ pr.day.
9. THEFT: Theft Protection (0€ Self risk)-6€ pr.day.
10. TIRE INSURANCE: Tire Insurance -5€ pr.day.
11. GOLD INSURANCE: (SCDW, GP, SAAP, TP,TI)- 35€ pr.day
12. In the instance of a collision or accident, the renter shall immediately notify police as well as Car Rental in Iceland - Pure Adventures of the incident. The renter may not leave the scene before the police have arrived or an accident report has been completed. The renter is obligated to report any damages to the car to Car Rental in Iceland - Pure Adventures, regardless of any collision damage waivers (CDW, SCDW Gold Insurance) assigned to the rental.
13. You must look after the vehicle and the keys to the vehicle. You must always lock the vehicle when you are not using it, and use any security device fitted to or supplied with the vehicle. You must always protect the vehicle against bad weather which can cause damage. You must make sure that you use the correct fuel.
You are responsible for any damage to the vehicle caused by hitting low-level objects, such as bridges or low branches.
You must not sell, rent or dispose of the vehicle or any of its parts.You must not give anyone any legal rights over the vehicle.
You must let us know as soon as you become aware of a fault in the vehicle.
You must bring the vehicle back to the place we agreed,during the opening hours displayed at that place. One of our staff must see the vehicle to check that it is in good condition. If we have agreed that you may return the vehicle outside business hours, you will remain responsible for the vehicle and its condition until it is reinspected by a member of staff.
14. You will have to pay for reasonable costs of repair if:
• we have to pay extra costs to return the vehicle to its condition when the pre-rental inspection was carried out (for example, if extra valeting service, time or special material or equipment is needed to restore the vehicle to its pre-rental condition); or
• you have damaged the inside of the vehicle.
Before you bring back the vehicle you must check that you have not left any personal belongings in the vehicle.
15. Under no circumstances is it permitted to use the vehicle, operate or drive:
•a In violation of Icelandic law, or the conditions and terms of this contract.
•b For the transportation of passengers or property against payment.
•c To propel or tow any vehicle, trailer or other objects.
•d By any person other than the renter signing this contract, unless by written consent of lessor.
•e Driving vehicles that are not four-wheel drive (4x4) on roads that are F-marked on official maps. The same applies to Kjalvegur (Road No. 35) through Kaldidalur (Road No. 550) and Jökulhálsleið (Road No. 570). Sprengisandur (Road NO.26). Violation of this article is subject to a fine of €2,000 by Car Rental in Iceland - Pure Adventures in addition to the fine charged by the police. The above mentioned provisions on fines do not affect the obligations of the renter to pay Car Rental in Iceland - Pure Adventures compensation for loss or damage. 4x4 jeeps may be driven on the above roads. The renter agrees that the cost of damages as well as incurring overhead caused by any of the above actions may be charged from the credit card provided by the renter at the beginning of the rental.
16. Any violation of Icelandic law, or of any of the terms or conditions of the contract, by the renter or any other driver which the renter has granted permission to operate or drive the vehicle, the renter is fully responsible for all damages done to the vehicle what ever the cause may be.
17. The number of kilometres (km) the vehicle is driven while the contract is valid is decided by reading the standard km reading device (speedometer) attached to the vehicle by the manufacturer. Renter shall report immediately if the speedometer is not working or seizes to function during the rental period.
18. Lessor shall not be liable for disappearance or damage to any property left, stored or transported by renter or other persons, in or on the vehicle, either before or after it has been returned to lessor.
19. Renter agrees to pay lessor on demand:
•a Deposit of the probable rental cost.
•b All expenses incurred by lessor in returning the vehicle back to lessor's station, if it has been left somewhere else, regardless of condition of the vehicle, roads or weather.
•c A sum equal to the value of all the tires (regardless of road conditions), the tools and accessories which have been damaged, lost or stolen from the vehicle.
20. Renter is not authorised to have the vehicle or its accessories repaired or altered. If we do give you permission, we will only give you a refund if you have a receipt for the work.
The renter shall not permit any lien to be placed upon the vehicle without lessors prior consent. Renter shall pay all unauthorised charges in connection with the use, repairs, or safekeeping of the vehicle.
21. The rental fee is paid up front. Discount agreed upon from that fee will be discontinued on the 10th day of the following month. From that day highest possible monthly interest will be added to the whole sum. VAT will be added to the discontinued discount.If it is written in the rental contract that discount is to be granted from the rental fee, this discount will be discontinued if renter causes injuries to another party or damages the vehicle and is not 100% in the right.
22. Renter agrees to pay all costs which lessor may incur in collecting payment by law.
If you cancel 15 days or more before pick up time:
you pay nothing or you get 100% refund of what you have already paid.
If you cancel 14 days before pickup time:
you pay 20% of the total or you get 80% refund if you have already paid.
If you cancel 24 hrs. before pick up time or a no-show:
you pay 100% of the total amount.
Early returns are only refundable if Car Rental in Iceland - Pure Adventures is able rent out the early returned car again within the early return period.
For changes to reservations made via a Travel Agency, please contact the relevant agent.
This fee does not apply when the damages incurred are not caused by the renter.
There is a handling fee of 50 EUR for all fines or charges that result from renters use of the car and the renter does not pay himself. Car Rental in Iceland - Pure Adventures will charge the renter for fines and charges plus the previously mentioned handling fee.
If the car is returned extra dirty or if someone smoked inside the car , the renter will have to pay 110€ for cleaning fee.
If the car is damaged and needs to be picked up, the retrieve fee is a total of 2€ per km outside of the capital area or a minimum of 245€.
If the car is returned with a flat tire, the renter is charged at the time of drop off, total of 210€ for a small and medium sized car. For a large and luxury car, the total charge is 280€ at the time of drop off. The tire will then be taken to a tire repair shop and if it is repairable, the total charge is 46€ and a refund for the difference is made immediately.
The following credit cards are accepted: Eurocard/Mastercard, VISA, American Express, Diners Club, JCB, Discover, UnionPay. We do not accept any prepaid cards or debit cards (Visa Electron).
The renter must be the owner of the indicated credit card. The authorised driver details and method of payment will be confirmed at reservation stage and cannot be amended. The confirmed credit card should be valid and available for presentation on collection of the vehicle.
Car Rental in Iceland - Pure Adventures coverage options ( CDW, Super CDW and Gold Insurance) do not cover vandalism damages observed, wheels, roofs, windscreens, car keys, vehicle interiors, undercarriage and all wilfully damages. In these cases the costumer will be liable to all damages caused to Car Rental in Iceland - Pure Adventures vehicle due to the damages of this notice. Also note that GPS cannot be guaranteed 100%.
Included is local value added tax (VAT) is 24%